Learn with the best French Tutors Online
ofrench.com is a website headquartered in the region of Lyon, France. Mission of the site is to help French Learners, from all over the world, to learn and master French quickly and easily.
Learn real everyday French
We teach you the French of everyday life, exactly the way it is spoken in Paris or Bordeaux today. And we do our best to help you achieve your learning goals, should it be :
- acquiring useful French sentences for your next trip to France
- getting prepared for a job interview in French
- or being able to write very nice letters to the French fiancée you met last summer in Biarritz (yes, we can do that!)
- And for those of you who are interested, we give elements of Francophone culture.
Learn with a French Tutor Online Anytime
- You can learn French at the time that arranges you the best. You simply need to consult the availabilities of the Tutor that interests you. As French Tutors on the site are spread over all the six continents, all the timezones are covered … so you will inevitably find a Tutor who can give classes at the hours that interest you.
French Tutors for all levels
<!–more Keep reading fantastic post–>
Our mission is to help every Student build Fluency.
On this site, whether you are absolute Beginner or a serious Student, you have access to French courses customized to your own individual needs, given by tutors who are truly passionate in teaching French.
Because we believe that learning from a dedicated Tutor is one of the most important key to learn this beautiful language!
Experienced native Tutors
Lessons are given solely by Native French Speakers, and we take lot of precaution in selecting and evaluating Tutors, so that we can ensure a high quality of teaching:
- We thoroughly checks all Tutors applications, and conduct interviews of each applicant.
- Only tutors who meet our standards are accepted to teach on the site
- Among other criteria, Tutors’ ability to be patient and show pedagogy is most important to us.
We constantly check the quality of the courses. And we reserve the right to withdraw a Tutor, whose comments or grades given by Students are not in line with our standards.
How to Find your Ideal French Tutor?
Browse the site to find qualified French tutors who will help you learn French the way you like!
Choose from different French Tutors
There are hundreds of French Tutors and Teachers on the site…
You will surely find Tutors that correspond to your expectations, your style of learning, in a few clicks:
- Each Tutor has a detailed profile. Some have a video presentation.
- We have divided French Tutoring into categories (Canadian French, Business French …) so you can quickly find your ideal tutor.
- You can filter the results and choose Tutors according to the availability, price, profile, comments and notes given by the students.
Question your Tutor before booking
You can ask questions to each Tutor, before making any reservation. This can be useful if you want to talk with the Tutor about your goals, develop a lesson plan, learn more about her style of teaching.
- You can ask the Tutor privately, via email (click “Send a Message”)
Defining your Learning Objectives and Priorities with your French Tutor
Depending on your needs, your French Tutor can prepare a lesson plan, discuss specific subjects (grammar point, vocabulary on a particular theme …), for example:
- You can set the objective of learning the necessary to travel to France, or learn the grammar bases necessary for an examination, or you can train to take a recruitment interview in French.
- Or you can decide with the Tutor to engage in a free conversation, on topics that you have choosen.
Your Tutor is on your side to help you achieve your goals, at your pace
- You study at your own pace and your Tutor accompanies you throughout the course.
- Your Tutor tracks your progress, gives you tips to learn better, and analyzes areas for improvement with you.
French Lessons Online: FAQs
Find here Practical Answers to help you make an Informed Choice and get the most out of your Online French Lessons.
What do I need to Learn French online?
You only need Skype installed on your computer, a computer headset and an internet connection to use Ofrench.com. Skype is free to download.
How do I Choose a Tutor?
Ofrench.com provides detailed information to help you choose your Online French Tutor. Tutors’ profiles show their biography, teaching approach and qualifications. You can select according to profile, availability and feedback from previous Students.
How do I Book a Lesson?
Once you have chosen your French tutor, simply pick your preferred date and time on his/her online diary. All available French Lessons times are displayed in your local time zone, regardless of your tutor’s location. At the scheduled lesson time, your selected French Tutor will call you on Skype.
How much does it cost?
Ofrench.com is completely free to join and no commitment is required. French Learners only pay the lesson fees. All lesson fees displayed on our site represent the total cost per lesson.
Students are entitled to a full refund of the Booking Fees paid in respect of a lesson which is cancelled by a French Tutor, and in respect of a lesson where the Tutor fails to attend the lesson in its entirety.
In such circumstances refund requests should be directed by the Language Student concerned, by clicking on “Report Issue”, after the Lesson time has passed.
Student will be prompted to state the full details of the lesson concerned including the date and time of the lesson, French Tutor and nature of the complaint. Following verification of the complaint by Ofrench which will include obtaining confirmation of the facts from the Tutor concerned, Ofrench will make a full refund of the Lesson Fee(s) paid to the Student concerned within 4 to 7 working days.
The full refund of the booking fees (lesson fees + transaction fees), will take place in the form of E-Credits, whose credits can be exclusively used inside OFRENCH.COM platform.
In the event the Student uses his/her Credit to book a Tutor at a lesser hourly rate, the Student will be able to use the remaining credit to book other lesson.
Ofrench.com solely refunds in the form of E-Credits, that can be used solely inside Ofrench.com platform. Ofrench.com never refunds on Credit Card or Paypal, in any case or any circumstance.
All Lessons which are disrupted or cancelled are eligible for a full refund, in the form of a E-Credit, providing we receive notification within 7 working days following the date of the lesson.
If for any reason, the Student cannot make a scheduled lesson, the Student will be able to cancel the lesson, at no cost, providing 12 hours notice has been given to the Tutor.
Once cancelling, the Student is automatically refunded by our platform (in the form of E-Credits), so that the Student is able to reschedule the lesson to an alternative time with the French Tutor or book another Tutor.
Cancelling a French Lesson is free and easy:
1) Login to your Account
2) Click on “Appointments”
3) Hit the “Cancel” button located next to the Lesson you want to cancel.